Duck Hunting on Presque Isle and the Blind Lottery
Below are the final details for this years duck season on Presque Isle. For the sake of not having to revise and edit the information multiple times we have chosen to wait until we thought we had a solid approved draft. Thank you for your patience and thank you to the staff at Presque Isle State Park for your cooperation.
Blind Lottery Sign ups
The Blind Lottery Sign ups will proceed as normal. The blind sign ups will take place between the dates of Friday of Labor Day weekend through September 16th at the TREC Center Lobby daily. Hunters must show up in person and present a valid 2023-24 hunting license, migratory bird stamp, and a SIGNED Federal Duck Stamp.
Hunters may sign up at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center 7 days a week from 8AM to 4PM .
The morning of the September 17 will be the drawing for blinds. We will set up a table outside the TREC center entrance to sign up any stragglers before the drawing from 8-10AM. At 10AM a few representatives from the club will enter the TREC Center and set up a FACEBOOK LIVE STREAM with the supervision of Park Administrators to officiate. The Draw will be done live online. The list of draw numbers will be shown. The listing will then publish immediately afterwards on our website www.paduck.com. Mark down you registration number when you sign up so that you know your card number.
The pick will take place at 10AM September 24 at the Shelter 2 Cabin at the Waterworks area on Presque Isle State Park. Blind owners will receive a postcard with their drawing order number and a time slot to pick their blind. Time slots will also be on the website for reference. Every 10 blinds picks will have a different half hour time slot. You have to be there before you slot or you will forfeit your blind. Each drawing winner may only bring one guest up to the table to help with selection. We must not have a giant crowd at the pavilion at any one time. When one group of ten finishes, we will announce what group is next.
10:00-10:30 pick 1-10
10:30-11:00 pick 11-20
11:00-11:30 pick 21-30
11:30-noon pick 31-40
noon- 12:30 pic 41-50
12:30-1:00 pick 51-60
1:00-1:30 remaining picks
Blind Owners and Co-Owner Definitions, Rights and Responsibilities:
1. The person whose name is drawn is the Primary Owner of the Blind.
2. Primary Owner may list one other person as the Co-Owner of the Blind.
3. These designations are permanent and cannot be changed throughout the season.
4. One of these two people must be present at the Blind Pick, and have license, migratory and stamp of co-owner with them if not present
5. Both Owner and Co-Owner have equal rights to occupy their blind at any time. No other person other than the two specific names on the permit, has the right at any time to ask another party to vacate a blind.
* If you are using someone else’s blind and someone shows up and claims to be the Owner or Co-Owner and asks you to leave, that is their right to do so at any time but identification must be shown to verify that they are in fact the Owner or Co-Owner. Park Rangers will not tolerate disputes and will ask all parties to leave the park.
6. When neither Owner or Co-Owner are present, the blind may be used by the public. Non owners should not take possession of a blind anytime earlier than one hour before shooting hours. No exceptions.
7. A person’s name may only appear on ONE blind permit on the park. If you are EITHER the Owner or a Co-Owner on one blind, you MAY NOT be the Owner or Co-Owner on any other blind on the park that year.
8. With equal rights comes equal responsibility. Both Owner and Co-Owner are responsible for maintaining their blind. Trash bags should be provided, regularly removed, and the blind maintained for the public.
9. At the end of the season, both Owner and Co-Owner are responsible for blind removal on or before the posted deadline.
10. Failure to remove your blind by the deadline will result in BOTH the Owner and Co-Owner being fined, and BOTH being placed on the list of ineligibility for future blind drawing. Owners leaving up blinds past the deadline will also be fined by the state